Tuesday 5 November 2013

Draw smart, draw GoSmart!

Received my 300 series GoSmart iPad stylus today! Yey!

http://justgosmart.com/stylus/

It's a teflon-coated 'targetting reticle' doodad for writing and drawing on an iPad or similar device.
I have always wanted to do more sketching on my iPad, you know, art on the go, throw down ideas no matter where I am, etc etc, but even the finest spongy nipple stylus is no good for me, as I just can't see where the lines are starting. Imagine trying to do pencil sketching with a blunt crayon...

I haven't done much testing yet, but to far this cute little rocket is really smooth, and works well, even on an iPad with a screen protector.

I'll upload some actual sketches later, but for now, here's a couple photos of the stylus.


P.S. This is the kinda stuff I buy with commission payments, so thank you guys!

2 comments:

  1. wow isn't that cute...hope to see more about this soon. i'm still not sure what i'm looking at. is it a physical doodad or something digital that follows your stylus around? show us more when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stylus for use on a touch-screen device like an iPad. The reason it has that odd cross-hair nib is due to the way touch-screens work. Screens like on an iPad device use capacitance from human fingers in order to operate (so if you wear a glove, it won't work). So in order to simulate that, most styli come with a sort of spongy 'nipple' ending like a really fat round marker pen.
    The problem is that you just can't see what you're doing, and I was looking for a better solution for sketching. With the GoSmart stylus, it has the required diameter of a capacitive stylus, but you can see in the gaps where your lines begin and end.

    Basically, it's a pen for drawing on an iPad. And when you put the black protective cap on, it looks like a 50's style rocketship. :D

    ReplyDelete